Cerebral Palsy Midlands is a Birmingham based registered charity that empowers and supports people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities. We have been established since 1947, setting up the first school in England and Wales for children with cerebral palsy.
Cerebral Palsy Midlands is a Birmingham based charity that has empowered and supported people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities since 1947, when we setup the first school in England and Wales for children with cerebral palsy.
Our current work
Our current work is running a community centre in Harborne, Birmingham, where we provide work-based training in Art, Tai Chi, Exercise and Music.
We run a life skills project, which enhances people's everyday skills in cooking, literacy, numeracy, IT, health and well being.
We also run a varied social events programme, which includes a monthly social club called Pathfinders
Great classes, encouraging health and well being activity for all of our citizens here at Cerebral Palsy Midlands. The sessions are lead by Wheelchair Dance Instructor Helen Mason and take place Thursday and Friday mornings between 10.00and 12.00pm.
Qigong Tai Chi Practice
Together with tutor Sally Haynes-Preece we beleive in supporting the health and well-being of our citizens here at Cerebral Palsy Midlands. These sessions are fully accessible and inclusive for all. These sessions are open to the community but we suggest you make contact with the tutor beforehand.
Tuesday 10.30am to 11.30pm
Thursday 1.30pm - 2.30pm
- Halloween Fundraiser Posted on 6th November 2019 at 15:02
- Happiness Exhibition Posted on 21st October 2019 at 10:28
- Sophie Abel blog #WorldCPDay Posted on 4th October 2019 at 11:10
- In memory of Peter Dunn Posted on 2nd October 2019 at 12:20
- Do you know a young wheelchair user that would like to be a Sports Coach? Posted on 5th September 2019 at 09:21
- In memory of Jeff Young Posted on 3rd September 2019 at 14:29